Tuesday, April 8, 2008

...and neither am I...

I thought I would never repeat an author in my little reviews but Anna Dewdney has changed that rule for me. At work, in the children's room, one of my job duties is processing the new books that we get. This is probably my favorite part of the job, seeing all the new material and reading it all before it hits the shelf. I was as giddy as a librarian when I saw the new Anna Dewdney picture book come on my cart. Dewdney is the author/illustrator of the Llama Llama books (Llama Llama Mad at Mama I reviewed last month) and Grumpy Gloria. Dewdney has upped the cuteness and has spot on accuracy of life as a toddler/preschooler in Nobunny's Perfect. The illustrations and the expressions on the bunny's faces (she is I think the best children's illustrator when it comes to conveying emotion in faces) are hysterical and precious, even when the bunny's are picking their noses or sneezing milk out of their nose. Or kicking another bunny. The message is always wonderful and clear, be nice, don't kick, don't bite, etc etc. 18-mos to 3 year olds will hear the message loud and clear, and might even stop yelling or kicking their friends for a while after seeing this one. I'm continually impressed with Anna Dewdney...she is quickly becoming my favorite children's book author. Check her out!

Here's a little bonus picture from our excursion to the History Center, where THEY HAVE A TROLLEY. Xander LOVES this trolley. If you live in East Tennessee, check the History Center out on Gay Street. It's a division of the library, and we're very very proud of it. They're adding more to it and it should be done by this summer.
Clang clang clang went the trolley. Er... it's too early for that!

No comments: