Friday, May 9, 2008

Mom + Love + Books = Happy

J.D. Salinger
Ernest Hemingway
Sylvia Plath
John Steinbeck
Shel Silverstein
Nancy Drew
Trixie Belden



Thanks to my mom, I'm a fan of all these authors/books/people...

Thanks to mom for letting me read until way past my bedtime. Thanks to mom for taking me to the library. Thanks to mom for reading to me. Thanks to mom for encouraging me to read everything, no matter the reading level. Thanks to mom for encouraging me to write and to not listen to that one hateful teacher who told me I couldn't write. Thanks to mom for coming to all my theatrical endeavors, even the ones where I had maybe one line, and was on stage for maybe a minute. Thanks to mom for clapping the hardest for me. Thanks to mom for buying me books at the bookstore. Thanks to mom for watching all of my dramatic plays in the driveway and in front of the fireplace. And thanks to mom, for your love of the out of the ordinary and extraordinary.

No comments: