Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Sleepwalk...so fast asleep..."

There have been two helpful things today.

I actually bought something for the house online today from etsy. And I don’t feel guilty about it. Somehow buying from etsy, something that we ACTUALLY need and will use forever the rest of our lives doesn’t bring guilt. Plus, we’re supporting a small business, and we’re going to be selling very soon.
No guilt here.
But the shop? Had “serenity” in the title. I needed that today. Serenity is all over a sober person’s vocabulary. It’s what we ask God to grant us, every day. And He does. Totally.

Running through my head today?

Courage, originally by the Tragically Hip. But the version running through my head is the one that Sarah Polley sings in The Sweet Hereafter. It’s probably the prettiest thing in the whole wide world to me right now. I need lots of pretty serenity to get me through the day.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I was just reading through your recent posts. I have been so behind lately. Your words are so beautiful, like I'm reading a wonderful novel. :)

My boys do the same thing, they'll want to watch one video on You Tube and before I know it we've watched everything even the slightest bit related. For awhile my youngest was obsessed with this video of a cat playing the piano. He just couldn't get enough!